Each month members of the Irish Genealogical Research Society receive an emailed copy of that month’s full-colour e-Bulletin. It’s always jam-packed packed with up-to-date news, views and updates from the world of Irish genealogy.
Every so often we share a copy online…so here’s the latest, the February’s edition, just out.
News in the February edition includes:
- New titles to appear on irishnewsarchive.com;
- 50% discount on subscriptions to rootsireland.ie;
- Australian Trove website overhauled;
- News on Methodist and Presbyterian records from Limerick;
- Launch of Townland Explorer database;
- Ireland’s Chief Secretary’s Office Papers for 1822-1829 to go online;
- 14,000 civil marriage records for Co. Sligo launched;
- Latest IGRS Expert Tip: Irish entries from UK Civil Service Evidence of Age Index;
- New Archivist for Church of Ireland Library announced;
- 1916 Commemoration Events;
- New church records for Co. Monaghan: RC, Church of Ireland and Presbyterian;
- Ancestry and Findmypast to launch indexes to NLI’s online Roman Catholic parish registers;
- And much more besides…
There’s never been a better time to join the Irish Genealogical Research Society – “the great granddaddy of all Irish Family History Societies“.
Not a member? Here’s more information.