Reply To: Welcome

ValerieAnn
Participant

Although I’ve been a member for some years now, this is my first visit to the Forum. I am researaching my family name of Davis and have come to a dead end with my great great great grandfather Samuel Jones Davis who married a Frances Mary Bowks in the Diocese of Leighlin in or around 1800. They moved to Templemore in Tipperary and had 4 children, Jane who died at the age of 8 in 1821, George Armstrong who died age 30 in 1847, he was a Surgeon. Samuel Wesley who also died aged 32 in 1852, he was a Curate in Athlone Church of Ireland Parish and my great great grandfather Jones Henry who married a Mary Kidd from Carlow. I can trace the family up to the present day but I cannot find where my 3x great grandfather was born, nor can I find anything about his wife’s family Mary Bowks. All of the above are all buried in The Church of Ireland Church in Templemore. This is probably a long shot, but perhaps there is somebody out there who could throw some light on this. Any helop much appreciated.
Thanks
Valerie

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2020 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account