Reply To: New Member Inquiry – searching before 1840 and into the 1700s

nbrown21
Participant

Thanks for the post Bob! I have no idea if my family is armigerous at all, it’s just one of the reasons why I started researching. I was doing heraldric research for a writing project and thought it would be cool to see if my family had any history or not.

I could be wrong about the Co. Tipp. connection – it’s just the most solid lead I’ve had on John Brown. All I really have confirmed is that John Brown is definitely Robert’s father, and they immigrated together sometime before 1851 because both were born in Ireland. I haven’t even found a confirmed grave site for John Brown yet that has a reliable source for family connections – in fact I think I found some tiny info snippets since I originally posted that suggest the grave site that indicated Co. Tipp. might be for a different unrelated John Brown.

I’m assuming Robert & Mary married before they immigrated, but I’ve not been able to find any documentation to prove or disprove that. The 1851 census doesn’t provide that information, though the 1861 census implies they married around 1852 (after possibly having a child out of wedlock around 1848).

I’m pretty good with Canadian records but after that, I have no idea what I’m doing haha. That’s why I posted, to see if there was anyone else who might have even tangential information.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2020 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account