Reply To: Grace family, Brittas

Grace Family
Participant

Thanks John for your reply. The burial you refer to (of George Grace, Barrister and Proprietor of the Clonmel Herald and married to Elizabeth Weston) is one of the few graves I have been able to find. I know there is a Grace memorial for John Grace of Brittas, Tipperary (d 1683) married to Ellen Purcell at St Mry’s churchyard,  Thurles but I haven’t yet worked out the connection between this John and the later Graces from Brittas. I also know that two of the daughters of George G (d 1824)  – Phillipa and Eliza erected a tomb for their uncle Samuel Weston (d 1836) at Tullameelin C of I graveyard. I haven’t been able to find any other graves. At the moment I am focussing on the parents of George (d 1824) – George Grace married to Mary Egan or Carroll, then to Martha Clarke. This George was a nephew of Oliver Grace of Brittas Castle and inherited the Brittas estate. I would love to find his grave to see if I can determine who his parents are. He died in 1782.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2021 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account