Reply To: Kilmacow, Ballingarry, Limerick

Karen Dunn
Participant

Thank you for the very helpful responses. I truly appreciate it. Claire, I have located some extensive information in the Limerick Archives about ancestors of mine from Limerick and areas where they had lived. Jill, I hadn’t heard of the book by G F Hamilton. I had read the one that Christy Kerins had written. Steven, I didn’t know that there was a Pre-1708 Deeds Cards Index. There is a record in the Landed Estate Court Rentals on FMP. A David Martin Barry was listed as a tenant in 1851 with 2 properties; the leases originated in 1804. Kilmacow is also called Ballyconneely. Per a 1832 Limerick Chronicle listing a David Barry (think to be David Martin Barry) was a gentleman and freeholder with houses and land in Kilmacow worth 10.James Barry was a farmer and freeholder with houses and land in Kilmacow worth 20. James Barry Senior was also a farmer and freeholder worth 20. What is a “gentleman”? Does it mean gentry? If David Barry from 1832 is the David Martin Barry from 1851 and gentry, why would he be a tenant?

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2020 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account