Reply To: Kilmacow, Ballingarry, Limerick

Lori
Participant

Hi Karen, I’ve just seen your post. You will find some memorials of deeds online here:

https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/185720?availability=Family%20History%20Library

I had a quick look and immediately found three which are relevant.

The first reference is 1833, volume 5, memorial 64.  To find it, scroll about halfway down the page until you see the film labelled ‘Deeds etc v 3-5 1833’ which is Film no 469002 and click on the little camera icon on the right. Then go to page 387 on the film where you will find a lease (or sale?) of land in Kilmacow from David O’Shaughnessy to John Barry.

The second two memorials are reference 1835, volume 19, memorials 31 and 32 which are on Film 469791, page 20 of the film. They appear to be annuities granted by a James Barry of Kilmacow to family  members.

I found these by searching the Land Index Limerick 1833-1835 (Film 100498) and you will probably be able to find more.  It takes a while to get familiar with using this record set so be prepared for some frustration! I’m happy to help if necessary.

Lori

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2020 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account