Reply To: Deeds (Related to earlier Kilmacow- Barry post)

Karen Dunn
Participant

Hi RuthM,

Thank you for your post and for searching. I appreciate it.  I have made printouts of Griffiths Valuation and  the Valuation Revision Books. I also have checked out Claire Santry’s site; it has some resources that I hadn’t seen before.  I wonder if James Jr is the son of James Sr.

Just the other day, I was searching through some newspapers and had found the following:

James Barry 1835

Cherrygrove appears to have been an estate in Croom, Ireland via NUI Galway OE Gaillimh.  From what the website says , there is a connection to Barry (Friarstown), Harding (Co. Limerick), Sheely (Cork& Limerick), and Cripps.

When searching, I also found this:

I’m not entirely sure who David and Catherine are as of yet.  Ballinard appears to be in Herbertstown, Limerick. There was a person named, Thomas Barry, of Ballinard who appears to have been the son of Garrett Barry. Thomas died in August of 1851 per The Limerick Chronicle.

My gg grandfather, William, is a mystery to me.  He wound up living in Kilmacow. I am not sure who his parents were or where he came from. He was born in 1822, got married at Ballingarry Parish to Honora Quaid/e on June 6, 1861.  I see him at Kilmacow for sure in 1866 via a license for his dog. I am thinking that he could have been from either Kilmacow or possibly from Ballinard.

Thank you,

Karen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2020 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account