Ancestors in Templemore, Tipperary

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Web Editor 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author
     ValerieAnn 
    Participant

I have managed to research my family back to 1811 when they lived in Templemore, Tipperary.  The name is Davis and the family were Jones Henry Davis who married I believe a Frances Mary Bowks in the Carlow Diocese in 1810.  They had 4 children, all born in Tipperary, a son Jones Henry Jnr who married Mary Kidd from Carlow, a daughter Jane who died aged 8, a son George Armstrong who was a Surgeon and another son Samuel Wesley who was a Curate in the Parish of Athlone.  They are all buried in The Church of Ireland Parish Church in Templemore.  My problem is I cannot find where they originally came from.  There is no birth record for Jones Henry Davis Snr in Templemore and I cannot find out any more information about him.  I wonder if there is anybody out there who is also researching the family.  Any help to further my research would be appreicated.

Sneff 
    Participant

Valerie, Do you have the following newspaper articles:

Tipperary Free Press – Saturday 11 July 1835  IN THE Town of  Templemore, In the best street for  business, leading to the barracks, A Commodious, Dwelling House, Consisting of a Large Shop (with fixtures complete), Parlour, Drawing-room, Seven Bed-Rooms, and Kitchen, with Gateway, Yard, Garden &c. Application ( if by letter post-paid,) Mr. JONES DAVIS, Clogheen, or to Mr. W. EVANS,  Templemore, who will shew the Concerns.

Waterford Mail – Tuesday 08 March 1859 -DEATHS – On 1 March at Templemore, Jones Davis Esq. in the 86th year of his age.

The Evening Freeman. – Saturday 22 September 1860 DEATHS – Sepember 18 at Templemore county Tipperary, in her 84th year, Frances, relict of Jones Davis Esq.

Geoff

ValerieAnn 
    Participant

Geoff

Hi,  Have just seen your reply to my query, many thanks for getting back to me.  However, I don’t have any of those papers, can you tell me where I can get my hands on copies.

Sorry its been so long.  We have just moved into a new house and also taken some time out to have a holiday and just got back, hence the delay in finding your reply.

Many thanks again for getting back to me.
    Valerie

Web Editor 
    Keymaster

Have you looked at the vestry books on microfilm in the National Archives? They have 1791- 1809 according to the RCB parish list. It might show something else. Also, have you searched other parts of Tipperary and Carlow?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account