Brick Wall

This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Web Editor.

• Author
     Shootsbarn
    Participant

Hi there

If anyone has any helpful tips to help me find my great grandmother (Mary Genochi/Genochy) who was allegedly born in Dublin in 1846. She went on to marry Andrew Ronchetti and lived in Lancs.  I’m struggling to find any information about her.  The only record for a Mary Genochi is a marriage to Joseph Nogenti in 1864, but this doesn’t match. I have tried all the online records but drawn a blank.  It’s reasonable to suppose she was illiterate as in later document (UK ones) she has signed with an X.

Where else should I try and trace her down?  How might I be able to find more information?  We are even thinking of visiting Ireland to see if we can find any more info in person.

Many thanks in advance for your helpful tips.

Web Editor
    Keymaster

I have seen this spelled Genockey.

Do you think they married in Ireland or UK?

John Grenham’s site has some other variants to work through.
    https://www.johngrenham.com/findasurname.php?surname=genockey

ETA: what religion was she?

Civil registration across the board only began in 1864 and it took a while to bed in, so we don’t consider the records complete for the 1860s/70s.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Web Editor.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2020 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account