Can anyone help with this photo ? (N Ireland)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Rosemarie30 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
     Rosemarie30 
    Participant

I am trying to verify lineage of John Coyle – born ca 1875 (from Cavan).  Per his wedding cert (November 1904), his father was called Eugene.  John was also a member of the Ancient Order of Hibernians.  In this photo is DEFINITELY

(1) John’s wife – Maggie Coyle (originally Margaret Annie McCarney from Trillick).  She is on the front right – holding a hat.

(2) his daughter – Mary (Molly) Josephine Coyle – she’s the young girl in the back who was born in 1919.  I’d guess the photo was taken in 1927 – ish.  Molly was his only child.

(3) Potentially his mother – sitting in the middle (next to Maggie Coyle) and looking downwards.  I’ve been told she was called ‘Granny Sheridan’ but I’ve found no evidence of a mother of that name for John – who was still alive in 1927!  She apparently was from Cavan also.

(4) Can anyone identify the location ?  Or any of the folks in the photo ?

Would be really thrilled to get any info at all.

Many thanks,

Rose

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account