Daniels Burial

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Web Editor 1 month ago.

• Author
     chiddicks 
    Participant

Hi I am a new member to the Society, I have been looking extensively for a number of years for the burial location of 2 x great grandmother Elizabeth Daniels (nee McCormack) who died on 29th December 1909, she was listed as living in Sarah Place Kilmainham, when she died, which is where the family were from. I have searched either online, or on visits to Dublin numerous potential burial sites but to no avail.

Those searched include

Glasnevin
    Bluebell
    Clontarf
    St. Caniclas
    Golden bridge

Grange Gorman And Mount Jerome all without any luck . Also Esker cemetery in Lucan

Apparently there is a small Catholic Church at Chapelizod, but I have tried and tried so many times to get hold of them there without any luck.

Does anybody live near this church and could possibly check to see if she’s possibly buried here please.

Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Chapelizod Road
    Chapelizod, DN 20 IE

Any other help or suggestions is greatly appreciated,

Thanks Paul

Web Editor 
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

I think we’ve crossed paths on #AncestryHour too.

I’m not near Chapelizod unfortunately but have you tried Deansgrange? You need to register a free account.

https://dlrcc.discovereverafter.com/

Claire

IGRS Ireland Branch Chairperson

chiddicks 
    Participant

Thanks Claire, whats your name on twitter? Im sure we have definitely crossed paths on #AncestryHour, I will give Deansgrange a try now thanks

chiddicks 
    Participant

There are a few Daniels on there that will possibly be mine, but sadly no Elizabeth.

Web Editor 
    Keymaster

I’ll send you a hey there – I try to keep all my identities separate!!

Unfortunately, it’s one of the most common issues in Irish genealogy: you just may not ever find out. I have a lot of direct ancestors who are either vampires or buried in unknown locations myself.

chiddicks 
    Participant

Ok sure, I know what you mean about juggling many hats! I know sadly, I might have to accept I won’t find here, but I’m a bit OCD with burials, I won’t give up without a fight.

Web Editor 
    Keymaster

Oh never give up!

I have some much more recent ancestors whose burials are AWOL.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account