Danish people in Dublin ca 1770-1810

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Louis D. Melnick 7 months ago.

• Author
     Louis D. Melnick 
    Participant

I would be very appreciative if someone could advise me as to the existence of Lutheran parish registers for Dublin inhabitants during the above period.

Bob Frewen 
    Participant

The GRO has the Schulze Register which is a bit later – I’m not aware of earlier registers. Have you contacted them? http://www.lutheran-ireland.org/

Louis D. Melnick 
    Participant

Dear Mr. Frewen, Thank you for your comment. George Eskildson (formerly Eskildsen) was the Danish consul at Dublin. The family flourished in Dublin circa 1770-1810. He had two wives and large family. He m.1 Mary Webb (Quaker perhaps), and m.2 Henrietta Waller Taverner. The strange thing is that I can’t find the baptismal record for a single child of George, but his granddaughter (my ancestor) Anne Grace Eskildson’s baptismal record (C of I) is easily found on the Internet. And even stranger is that George’s second marriage record (C of I) is also easily found on the Internet, but no children’s records. Thanks again. Member of IGRS over 50 year, Louis D. Melnick, Evanston, Illinois.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account