Grace family, Brittas

This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week, 4 days ago by Grace Family.

• Author
     Grace Family
    Participant

My great great grandmother was Maria Grace who emigrated to Australia to marry a Scottish immigrant named Donald Clark.
    Maria’s parents were George Grace, Customs Officer married to Hannah Anne Lane (married in 1817 in the Drumcannon Parish Church of Ireland, Waterford.
    George Grace was the son of George Grace Esq, barrister and proprietor of the Clonmel Herald,  Tipperary married to Elizabeth Weston, 1780 at Clonmel.
    This George Grace was the son of George Grace  Esq of Brittas, married to Martha Clarke and the nephew of Oliver Grace Esq of Brittas married to Elizabeth ?. George inherited the estate of Brittas as all of Oliver’s sons were dead and without issue. My understanding is that Oliver’s daughter Margaret married Henry Langley and Brittas Castle devised to the Langley family.
    I have searched all of the excellent Tipperary graveyard inscriptions and aside from George Grace Barrister who died in 1824 and is buried in St Mary’s Church Clonmel, I cannot find where any of the other Graces of Brittas were buried. I am wondering whether there is anyone  with an expert knowledge of the Tipperary area who may be able to suggest where I should look for their graves. I am hoping this may help me further trace the lineage of the Brittas Graces. I live in Australia so am unable to travel for the foreseeable future.
    Kind regards
    Jenny Doyle

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2021 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account