Hayes / Fogarty / Tipperary

This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 4 months ago by BernieC1.

• Author
     JohnWalsh
    Participant

Hi There

Looking for more information (parents) of Mary Hayes from Tipperary. She married a James Fogarty (Born 1834) and her father’s name was probably Michael. They lived in Loughmore. Her children were Bridget, Margaret, James, Michael and Mary.

Thanks

John Walsh

Web Editor
    Keymaster

Do you have their marriage record?

JohnWalsh
    Participant

I do indeed Clare, it’s the only document I have been able to find.

Thanks for the reply.

Marriage Mary Hayes

BernieC1
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Had a look at Mary and Jame’s marriage cert. Mary could have been born in Moycarkey and these records are online on the National Library website

http://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0248 and are also available on Roots Ireland which is a paying site.

I notice from the marriage certificate that James was approx 49 years old when they married. Could Mary have been younger, so perhaps you could extend your search  for her to the late 1840s.

Hope this is of some assistance

JohnWalsh
    Participant

Thank you so much!

I will indeed extend my search.

Tell me please, where did you see he was 49? The marriage details I have shows no ages.

Thanks again

Regards

John

BernieC1
    Keymaster

Hi John,

You mentioned in your original post that James was born in 1834 which would make him approx 49 years old when he married.

One thing to watch out for  is that the surname of Hayes and Fogarty are probably two of the most popular names in North Tipperary, but you probably have already discovered this yourself.

Hope you find her

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2020 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account