Hayes Printing Co, Brooklyn, New York

This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years, 3 months ago by mary casteleyn.

• Author
     mary casteleyn
    Participant

Timothy J Hayes(1853-1925) was originally from West Cork. He gives two different dates of arrival in US as 1873 and 1886, so he had possibly made a trip back to Ireland. He operated as a very successful printer in Brooklyn before establishing the T.J.Hayes Printing Co in 1907 of which he was President. This business was a Theatrical and Commercial Printers with Moving Pictures, Pictorial and Descriptive Work a speciality and operated from The Hellmuth Building, No 154 West 18th Street and employing about 27 staff. Timothy Hayes was well known in Democratic political circles. He had a number of associates in his printing business including Thomas F Ahearn (1885-1916), son of John F Ahearn, a State Senator and Manhattan Borough President. Later John F Ahearn became Treasurer of the T.J. Hayes Printing Co. Timothy Hayes was involved with the American Irish Historical Society and was also a member of The Friendly Sons of St Patrick, New York. Timothy J Hayes married Anna C Mulry and had 3 sons and 3 daughters: Mrs Thomas Murtagh, Margaret, John, Hortense, Thomas and Gerald. I have found him in the New York and State census. He is my great-great uncle. I am hoping to find someone else interested in this family as to date I am not in contact with any descendants. His nephew, and my great-uncle Con (Cornelius) Hayes (1875-1938) joined him in Brooklyn as a young immigrant to New York, attended art school and became a designer at Tiffanys, New York before establishing his own art and design business in New York. I have researched Con Hayes in Brooklyn in some detail and have a great deal of information about him. Any ideas about furthering this research into Timothy J Hayes and his New York printing business would be welcome.
    Thanks
    Mary

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2020 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account