Higgins bap c1812

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Meg 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Meg 
    Participant

Looking for bap of Gt gt grandfather Denis HIGGINS. Married at RC church Carrick on Suir to Margaret LONERGAN in 1832.  his birth/bap c 1812?.. according to his death entry in 1866 as aged 54 years. Can’t find it in C.O.S I think his wife came from there. I don’t have any idea which parish to search next. They continued to live in C.O S until Denis’ death and his children were all bap there. Any help much appreciated. thank you

Bob Frewen 
    Participant

Hi Meg.
    Have you considered this Denis, born 1810? https://registers.nli.ie//registers/vtls000632114#page/47/mode/1up
    He was born in the nearby parish Stradball/Ballineen, about 17 miles from Carrick-o-S. You’d need to look at sibling names etc. to get more clues.
    Best of luck in the search
    Bob

Meg 
    Participant

Thank you for your advice Bob. As I have no clue as to the names of Denis’s parents I am open to all at the moment. Just one thing I was half expecting was perhaps John and Elizabeth as Denis and Margaret had 3 daughters; Mary, Elizabeth and Eliza and 2 sons John and Michael. As Michael  and Mary appear to be accounted for as his in laws I was rather expecting to find John and Elizabeth as his own parents but I know that a naming pattern was not always followed. So I am now concentrating on the Stradball  parish up to 1814 at the moment looking for any possible later siblings for Denis. If no luck I will try my luck with surrounding parishes. Thanks again

Meg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account