Joyce & Black families, Mullahead area

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Comma54 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author
     Comma54 
    Participant

Hello fellow members – I am new to the society!.

I have Irish roots on Paternal and Maternal sides, and have my DNA on Ancestry, Family Tree and GedMatch.

Does anyone have knowledge of the Brackagh/Portadown/Armagh areas and Moyallan, Tullylish?

Andrew Joyce (working at Moyallan) married Rachel Black (of Knock, Seagoe) 12 December 1840 (Seagoe archive printout). They had at least 8 children, apparently all living to adulthood, and after giving birth to their first child, William Joyce (1841 – 1914) in Moyallan, moved to Mullahead, Brackagh where Andrew was a small, but relatively prosperous farmer. I would like to find their parents and siblings if possible. Andrew had an older brother, James, (information from a newspaper article) who lived at Portadown, but as there are a few men of that name, I have not been able to pin him down. So far I have not connected with DNA to anyone in the area. I am related to Andrew and Rachel – Church of Ireland – through their son, Thomas Joyce (1853 – 1933) who immigrated to New Zealand in 1874.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account