Kenny folk from Counties Tipperary and Galway

This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 1 month ago by IGRS Editor.

• Author
     IGRS Editor
    Keymaster

Does anyone recognise this family:

Thomas Kenny, born about 1838 in Co. Galway, who married Lydia Davis in 1865 and then, after Lydia’s death, married Amy Ellen Ward in England in 1901. In the 1901 & 1911 census, The Kenny family resided aty Kilcarren, Lorrha East, Co. Tipperary.

Relative Stranger
    Participant

Yes, Thomas Kenny who married Lydia and then Amy Ellen is my 2nd great grand uncle. His brother Richard Kenny is my great great grandfather. My maiden name is Kenny and I have been working on the Family Tree since 2008. These Kennys are all Church of Ireland and so most of the Church records no longer exist. I live in Co Tipperary. This is my first time using the Forum. I was about to post a query about the Register of Deeds Index Project when I saw your post!

erowland
    Participant

Hi

I have a Patrick Kenny, Solicitor, Tullamore, son of Peter Kenny, merchant, married on 20 April 1887 to Annie Delaney, Cumberland Place, Dublin, daughter of Patrick Delaney. Anne Delaney was daughter of Patrick D and Maria Rowland. Maria Rowland was daughter of William Rowland, solicitor, Castlebar and Anne Tuohy, Ballintubber.

These Kennys were RC and Co Offaly so unlikely connected to your Kennys.

IGRS Editor
    Keymaster

Have you been in touch with Freda Kenny? She knows a lot about her late husband’s family. Send me an email and I’ll tell you more: steven@masseyandking.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2020 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account