Kilmacow, Ballingarry, Limerick

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Karen Dunn 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author
     Lori 
    Participant

To try to find memorials you need to refer to the index films which are near the top of the familysearch web page. At the top of the page there is also a short guide to using the films.

https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/185720?availability=Family%20History%20Library

You could choose to search either the Grantor index or Land index films. Then, if you find reference in them to a memorial which might be of interest, make a note of the reference numbers given and then find the relevant film for the volume which contains that memorial.

Lori

Karen Dunn 
    Participant

Hi Lori,

Thank you. I have found some more information.  I am going to spend more time with the indexes to see what else may be there in the records.  Would land/property moving to another that person always be reflected in the Grantor Index?  I am having a difficult time finding the land move to my gg grandfather, William Barry

Thank you,

Karen

Lori 
    Participant

Hi Karen

Unfortunately many deeds were not registered at all.  Some were registered years later.  And sometimes a much later deed may make reference to an earlier deed.  There’s a lot of luck involved in what you might find.

Lori

Karen Dunn 
    Participant

Lori,

I think that I am going to go through all of the years that are found in the collection to see what may be there.  I have a feeling that there is more great information to be found.

Thank you,

Karen

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account