Leitrim researchers

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Joanna 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author
     Joanna 
    Participant

Is there anyone here with an expertise in Co. Leitrim history/land records/genealogy?

My great great grandfather Archibald Frazer lived at Lavagh townland, Inishmagrath parish, Drumkeeran from approx 1820 until his death in 1865. His 3 sons were born there as was my grandfather Edward FitzGerald Frazerand his brothers.

I need to discover how and why Archibald Frazer came to live at Lavagh – his father (same name) died 1835 at Tullynure Co Sligo leaving a farm (Drumsoghla, Kilmactranny parish Co Sligo) to his son – a deed in ROD suggests that the tenancy of Drumsoghla was subsequently re-let to Thompson of Knockadoo family around 1854.

From 1820 – 1865 there is absolutely no mention of Archibald Frazer (jun) in public life – no parish records, no Will, no mention in newspapers, no jury service/board of guardians – a total blank!

If I could locate the land records of Lavagh – it may show how he came to arrive there in 1820. The land was part of the estate of Catherine Penelope Jones – heiress of Theophilus Jones. She died in 1888 and the estate passed to nephew George Marsham of Hayle Place, Loose, Kent. The Will does not specify the townlands in Co Leitrim.

Any help and suggestions would be most gratefully received!

Joanna FitzGerald Frazer

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account