Liddle Family in Ulster

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  taylor_d33 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
     taylor_d33 
    Participant

I am trying to find any information about Francess/Fanny Liddle who was born in Londonderry in about 1782.   I believe her father was a “clergyman” (unfortunately his name and church not known).  She married Robert Mcleod b. 1776 Sutherland, Scotland, having met him while he was deployed in Ireland with the Reay Fencibles.  Their first child was born in either Dublin or Londonderry, i.e. George Mcleod 1800.  The three subsequently returned to Robert’s Scotland, where they had a further seven children, the last being my GG Grandfather, David Mcleod b. 1820.   On the birth record for their son, John Mcleod, Francess’s surname is given as “Leighton” but as she was named as Liddle on all the others it seems that this was the recorder perhaps mis-hearing.  I would appreciate any leads as to Francess’s  parents, siblings, marriage record and their son George’s birth record.   Thank you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account