Looking for Hennessy/Hennessey

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Shelbyw 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Shelbyw 
    Participant

I am a new member, who is just starting my Irish research.  I am looking for any information on my Great Great Grandmother, Ellen Hennessy/Hennessey born probably in the 1820’s, daughter of Michael Hennessy/Hennessey.  I believe the family was from Kilderry Civil Parish, County of Kilkenny.  Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Bob Frewen 
    Participant

Not much there to base a search on – did she marry in the Kilkenny area? Is this her?
    (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FGXY-8XD ), Thomas Redding and Ellen Hennessy, 17 Nov 1851; citing St John, Kilk, Ire, reference 2:3LQ67CW, index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City; FHL microfilm 101,327.

J Grenham’s link for Kilderry is https://www.johngrenham.com/records/church.php?civilparishid=1365&civilparish=Kilderry&search_type=full

Also, don’t forget that Hennessy was sometimes transcribed/written as Fennessy – one of my paternal great grandmothers in Tipperary was married as a Fennessey but baptised as Henesy.

Shelbyw 
    Participant

Hello Bob:

Thank you so much for the information and the links.  I am sorry to say that I don’t have much information.  My great grandmother was Margaret Barry born in Eng. (Wales) in 1849.  According to the birth registration her parents, who were married in 1847 Eng. (Wales) were Michael Barry and Ellen Hennessy.  Michael’s father was given as Thomas Barry, and her father’s name was given as Michael Hennessy.

A MTDNA test is showing  the possibility of Hennessy being in Kilderry, County of Kilkenny. I have checked the Griffith’s Valuation for the above county and did find a John Hennessy as being a tenant on land owned by John Budds in 1850.

Unfortunately, that is all the information I have. Any help is greatly appreciated, and thank you again for the link. I will be checking those records using name variations…..

Best Regards,

Shelby

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account