Lynch, Dennehy of Bandon Innishannon & Ballyclough

This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Maureen.

• Author
     Maureen
    Participant

Hello everyone
    I joined a few months ago to research my ancestors from Bandon Cork.
    Denis Lynch dob 1879 baptised at Cork and Ross(RC) Innishannon, He Joined the navy and married in Peckham England,
    His Father Richard Lynch 1842 Ballyclogh. Mother Margaret Dennehy 1852.also Ballyclough
    I would like the find the actual records for them and will be going to Ireland mid October to see the church and local area.
    Any suggestions where to find the records.

Web Editor
    Keymaster

Do you have Denis Lynch’s baptismal record? Was it in Bandon parish (which is in the Diocese of Cork & Ross)?

Do you have the parents’ marriage record?

Maureen
    Participant

Hi Claire.
    Thanks for the reply.
    On his birth certificate he was born at Kilmore. Yes he was baptised in the area if Cork & Ross (RC)
    Parents married 4th October 1876 Aghabulloge Cork. Parish Variant Agabulloge, Coachford.

Maureen
    Participant

Hi, I am looking for confirmation of Denis Lynch birth record.

This is an update if my previous post. Lynch, Dennehy of Bandon

He Joined the Royal Navy at Portsmouth England on 19th March 1898 giving his dob as 19th March 1880. Service Number 191177. when he was 18 years old.

I have been unable to find a birth record for him in 1880. There is a Denis Lynch record for 11 March 1879 ? who I have been researching, but have been advised by a researcher in Bandon to establish his dob and who his parents were as there was no record of him in Bandon.

On the 1911 census he was born at Bandon Cork Ireland

Web Editor
    Keymaster

Hi Maureen,

I’ve moved your post back into the thread you already created. It’s best to keep information on the same people in one place.

As you already know Denis’s parents are Richard Lynch and Margaret Dennehy, I think you can be confident that the birth you found is right: 11/3/1879.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1879/02924/2071315.pdf

The corresponding baptism is 9/3/1879 in Inishannon parish https://registers.nli.ie/pages/vtls000634133_128

The slight discrepancy in the dates is probably just inaccuracy – but he could not have been born on 11th if he was baptised on 9th.

Claire

Maureen
    Participant

Thank you Clare, I am feeling much more confident in carrying on my research.

Maureen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2020 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account