Marriage of Ellen O'Sullivan c. 1932

This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 4 months ago by Web Editor.

• Author
     Patricia Candler
    Participant

My cousin, Ellen O’Sullivan was born in 1912, baptised 4/2/1912. Parents Lawrence O’Sullivan and Katherine, maiden name Sheridan and they lived in Greenane, Kanturk, Co. Cork.  I should like to find out if or when Ellen married, and I suppose this would have been in about 1932.  I am not having much success and wonder if anyone who has had to “work forward” with their family history research can advise me. I am hoping that a living relative in the Kanturk area knows more about the family history than I do.

Grateful for any suggestions.

Web Editor
    Keymaster

I don’t see any matches in Kanturk between 1930 and 1940 on irishgenealogy.ie

However, it only goes up to 1940. You’ll need to examine the indexes from 1940 onwards to see if there’s any candidates and then order copies of those marriages.  And if not in Kanturk, go further afield.

Have you tried a local newspaper to see if there’s an engagement or marriage notice?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2020 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account