Profile – links

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bob Frewen 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Bob Frewen 
    Participant

I tried to view the profile of a member (to obtain an email address) and, although logged in, any attempt to view a profile brought me to my own. Any advice?
    Thanks,
    Bob

RuthM 
    Participant

Having worked on the website and GDPR issues for the Society, it is correct that you should only be able to see your own profile online – you cannot access anyone else’s email address via the website.  Just to reassure everyone, email addresses, including your own, are kept private and solely used by the Society to send you emails about your membership, selected news items, e-bulletins and newsletters.  We have no plans to make them openly accessible via the website as we believe this would contravene the current GDPR rules.

I’m afraid I don’t think we can support secure member-to member messaging like Ancestry with the way our website has to run at the moment.  That’s why set set up the Forum to allow members to communicate with each other as this will hopefully create useful threads of open research discussions that everyone can benefit from.

Ruth

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  RuthM.
     Bob Frewen 
    Participant

Thanks Ruth. That clarifies the matter.
    Regards
    Bob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account