Researching the Dolan family of Co. Roscommon

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  RickMt 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     RickMt 
    Participant

My wife’s paternal ancestors (Dolan) originated in Co. Roscommon perhaps in Lissonuffy or surrounding area. The information I have is not detailed enough to be able to say for certain. That is except for great grandfather James P. (Patrick?) Dolan. However his family story begins as a young man getting married to Sarah Devine in the Glasgow area of Scotland. Sarah’s parents are also of Irish descent but, according my wife’s DNA analysis, most likely from Co. Donegal.

James was born on 08 Feb 1841 and died sometime in 1899 at the Long Island Hospital, Boston, MA

Sarah was born on in 1848 at High Church, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland and died in 1909 at the same hospital.

That summarizes the oldest verifiable data we have. So we’re needing leads that will take us further back for the Dolans. I anticipate that there may be records on this site or associated sites that will help. If anyone can give me a shove in the right direction, I’d appreciate it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account