Sligo Journal – John Gray and Bolton bros

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Joanna 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author
     Joanna 
    Participant

I am researching John Gray who was the proprietor of the Sligo Journal until 1809 when it was bought by the Bolton bros – Isaac and Alex.  The deed of sale is at the Reg of Deeds 619 466 425045 and is a four part agreement with Arch(ibald) Frazer of Sligo being the 4th part.

I would like to know what connection John Gray may have had with Archibald Frazer, he is also witness to the Marriage Settlement of Archibald’s daughter Catherine FitzGerald Frazer to French McDermottroe in 1805 (ROD 575 148 389051)- I have searched on Ancestry/Findmypast/newspaper archives but cannot glean any more information other than his wife was Eleanor and she died 6 Aug 1824 ‘at an advanced age’.

As I understand from the deed – Archibald Frazer possibly had a share in the newspaper and as part of the agreement is to get a yearly rent from the Boltons from their lands in Co Clare – can anybody tell me if I am correct??  Where would I look to see if Arch Frazer received any of that rent?

Also, is this John Gray the father or grandfather of John Gray of Cornaleck/Carrownaleck/Cornabeck Co Sligo who died 1 August 1875?

I would be very grateful for any suggestions as to where to look next!

Joanna FitzGerald Spencer (Frazer)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account