Welcome

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  JillWill 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author
     Web Editor 
    Keymaster

Welcome to the IGRS forum!

Users please be civil to each other.

When posting a query, remember to give as much information as possible: dates, locations, resources already checked.

All these will help other posters give you a more informative answer.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Web Editor.
     IGRS Editor 
    Keymaster

It’s great to finally have the Forum.

Bob Frewen 
    Participant

Agreed. ūüôā
    Another source of pleasurable distraction!

JillWill 
    Participant

Yes when asking a question as Claire says please give as much info. as possible including names,dates, location townland is ideal but at least parish if not county, religion, and an idea of what documentation and searches you have already done.

Tri5ia 
    Participant

Hello everyone

I joined a few months ago, but this is my first visit to the Forum. I’m looking forward to participating. You never know, I may find a long lost cousin or two along the way.¬†My Dad was from Cork City (the North side).

JillWill 
    Participant

Welcome Tri5ia.  You will find there are a fair few of us here from Cork.  What surnames are you researching?

Maureen 
    Participant

Hello everyone

I joined a few months ago to research my ancestors from Cork area, Bandon to be more precise.
    Denis Lynch dob 1879 baptised at Cork and Ross(RC) Innishannon, He Joined the navy and married in Peckham England,
    His Father Richard Lynch 1842 Ballyclogh. Mother Margaret Dennehy 1852.also Ballyclough
    I would like the find the actual records for them and will be going to Ireland mid October to see the church and local area.
    Any suggestions where to find the records.

Andrew 
    Participant

I am researching the Grahams of North Wexford/South Wicklow whom I believe may be descended from one Fergus, a Scot who lives in the area from the 1590,s  I would welcome contact from any Graham interested in research in this area.

JillWill 
    Participant

Hi Maureen and Graham I think it would be wise to start separate posts with your queries as they may well get overlooked in the Welcome post.  Doing a post with the Surname of interest, the Location and an idea of  relevant Dates all in the heading will get a much better response.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Irish Genealogical research Society Created by Smiling Spiders

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account