Annual membership entitles you to:
- The Society’s annual journal, The Irish Genealogist.
- Our twice-yearly Newsletter, which brings news about the Society, interesting tit-bits, genealogical updates and notes about items in the Society’s archival collection.
- A monthly full-colour e-bulletin packed with up-to-date news about the world of Irish genealogy (see sample IGRS eBulletin).
- Access to the online Members Forum. This is where members share their knowledge and ask for help with research queries.
- Access to the Members-Only section of the website. Many indexes, lists and transcripts to some of our library material are held here, referencing many thousands of names.
- Free access to our unique collection of Irish manuscripts and books, housed in our London-based library.
- Free one-on-one advice session with our London-based library volunteers who are friendly and very knowledgeable Irish genealogists. You’ll find a visit to be a really encouraging and helpful experience.
- Access to the free library Look-Up Service. This specifically relates to book searches within the IGRS library at the Society of Genealogists.
- Receive invitations to attend Society events in Britain and Ireland.
- Enjoy special offers on book sales and specially-negotiated member-only discounts for website subscriptions – for instance, one of our current offers allows IGRS members a 20% discount on annual subscriptions to Ancestry.com. See here for more details.
- Contribute your discoveries to our frequently updated Facebook page which brings all manner of news and discoveries about Irish genealogy, history and culture.
- Promote your personal family history website on the Members’ Websites page of IrishAncestors.ie.
By joining the IGRS you become part of a friendly and active society whose members are keen to facilitate and encourage the sharing of knowledge and expertise in Irish genealogical research.