Due to the unprecedented number of entries to our St Patrick’s Day Competition, we’ve decided to run a special membership offer.
If you weren’t successful, you can still get all the benefits of membership through a one-off St Patrick’s Day discount of £5 (USD $8) off the normal annual subscription – reducing it from £21 to £16 (USD$35 to USD$27 or €26 to €19.00). This represents a 24% saving…but hurry, the offer closes at midnight Irish time on Tuesday 25th March.
The membership lasts for the whole of 2014.
Please use the “Donate” button below to take up this special offer. Under “instructions to seller”, please enter “St Patrick’s Day offer”.
Hope you had a great St Patrick’s day, wherever in the world you live!
Benefits of Membership of IGRS
Annual membership entitles you to:
- The Society’s annual journal, The Irish Genealogist.
- Our twice-yearly Newsletter, which brings news about the Society, interesting tit-bits, genealogical updates and notes about items in the Society’s archival collection.
- A monthly full-colour e-bulletin packed with up-to-date news about the world of Irish genealogy (See sample e-bulletin).
- Access to the online Members Discussion Forum. This is where members share their knowledge and ask for help with research queries.
- Access to the Members-Only section of the website. Many indexes, lists and transcripts to some of our library material are held here, referencing many thousands of names.
- Free access to our unique collection of Irish manuscripts and books, housed in our London-based library.
- Free one-on-one advice session with our London-based library volunteers who are friendly and very knowledgeable Irish genealogists. You’ll find a visit to be a really encouraging and helpful experience.
- Access to the free library Look-Up Service.
- Receive invitations to attend Society events in Britain and Ireland.
- Enjoy special offers on book sales and specially-negotiated member-only discounts for website subscriptions – for instance, one of our current offers allows IGRS members a 20% discount on annual subscriptions to Ancestry.com.
- Contribute your discoveries to our frequently updated Facebook page which brings all manner of news and discoveries about Irish genealogy, history and culture.
- Promote your personal family history website on the Members’ Websites page of IrishAncestors.ie.
By joining the IGRS you become part of a friendly and active society whose members are keen to facilitate and encourage the sharing of knowledge and expertise in Irish genealogical research.
← Home Page last updated on 23 March 2014