Benefits and subscription rates
Annual membership entitles you to:
- The Society’s annual journal, The Irish Genealogist.
- Our twice-yearly Newsletter, which brings news about the Society, interesting tit-bits, genealogical updates and notes about items in the Society’s archival collection.
- A monthly full-colour e-bulletin packed with up-to-date news about the world of Irish genealogy (see sample IGRS eBulletin).
- Access to the online Members Forum. This is where members share their knowledge and ask for help with research queries.
- Access to the Members-Only section of the website. Many indexes, lists and transcripts to some of our library material are held here, referencing many thousands of names.
- Free access to our unique collection of Irish manuscripts and books, housed in our London-based library.
- Free one-on-one advice session with our London-based library volunteers who are friendly and very knowledgeable Irish genealogists. You’ll find a visit to be a really encouraging and helpful experience.
- Access to the free library Look-Up Service. This specifically relates to book searches within the IGRS library at the Society of Genealogists.
- Receive invitations to attend Society events in Britain and Ireland.
- Enjoy special offers on book sales and specially-negotiated member-only discounts for website subscriptions – for instance, one of our current offers allows IGRS members a 20% discount on annual subscriptions to Ancestry.com. See here for more details.
- Contribute your discoveries to our frequently updated Facebook page which brings all manner of news and discoveries about Irish genealogy, history and culture.
- Promote your personal family history website on the Members’ Websites page of IrishAncestors.ie.
By joining the IGRS you become part of a friendly and active society whose members are keen to facilitate and encourage the sharing of knowledge and expertise in Irish genealogical research.
Current subscription rates and joining offers
The membership year runs for twelve months from the date you join. Subscription rates are £21 for members not resident in Ireland and €26 for members of the Ireland Branch.
For the information of those wishing to join from outside of Britain & Ireland, the US dollar equivalent is approximately US$30 (allowing for currency fluctuations).
Details of other international currencies can be obtained from this handy online currency converter.
PayPal or Credit Card (£21 or currency equivalent) – click the Join The Society button below
Payments for Membership cannot be refunded
New members can join by paying the basic membership subscription of £21/€26 or take advantage of the IGRS Special Membership Offer.
Available only to new members, the IGRS Special Membership Offer brings, in addition to one year’s full membership, a year’s subscription to Irish Roots Magazine.
The Special Membership Offer costs £46/€51. (equivalent to approximately US$62). If you wish to avail of this offer, please email the membership team via the Contact form.